2022 Spring House League Update
As the situation continues to change and evolve, we wanted to update you on our plans for the spring, summer and fall:
- As an organization, we're firm believers in multi-sport athletes and as a result we have always wrapped up our Spring House League by Victoria Day weekend so that kids can get outside and enjoy spring/summer sports. Given the amount of time that it takes to properly plan a quality league, the small window we currently have before Victoria Day weekend and the current increase in COVID metrics, we have decided to not run our Spring House League.
- We will be running an outdoor "GIRLS ONLY Skills Academy" for girls in grades 8 - 11 on May 24/31, June 7/14/21 at CML Snider School from 6 - 7:30 pm each night. There will be a guest coach each night and they will include Caleb Hugh, Barb Inrig-Pieterse, Vanessa Willis, Christin Dickenson, Jamie McCourt and others. Unfortunately, the data is showing that 1 out of 4 girls aren't returning to sport post-covid, so we are making an intentional decision to offer programming to this target market this spring. Stay tuned for sign-up details.
- We plan to offer two camps:
1) Advanced Skills Camp for players going into grades 4 - 8 with Jamie McCourt and Eli Carlone July 12 - 14 at PECI.
2) For the Love of the Game Camp for players going into grades 2 - 8 with Christin Dickenson and Barb Inrig-Pieterse August 2 - 5 at PECI.
Stay tuned for more details about camp signups after Easter.
- we plan to run a range or rep teams based on player interest and demand. We are also considering running a Fall Houseleague for players in grade K - 8.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. We want nothing more than to see a gym full of happy, healthy kids playing basketball!
Sincerely, Clippers Executive